Important Information about Enbrel Drug
- Enbrel works by decreasing a certain protein formed by the immune system.
- The generic name of enbrel is etanercept.
- Before taking enbrel tell to doctor if you have a weak immune system, congestive heart failure, diabetes.
Enbrel serious side effects are:
- Shortness of breath with swelling, rapid weight gain
- Chest pain, ongoing cough, coughing up blood
- Easy bruising or bleeding, pale skin, unusual weakness
- Signs of skin infection such as itching, swelling, warmth, redness, or oozing
- Black, bloody, or tarry stools
- Changes in mood or personality (in children)
- Numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling
- Joint pain or swelling with fever, swollen glands, muscle aches, chest pain, unusual thoughts or behavior, and/or seizure (convulsions)
- Patchy skin color, red spots, or a butterfly-shaped skin rash over your cheeks and nose (worsens in sunlight).
Less serious enbrel side effects may include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain;
- Runny or stuffy nose, cold symptoms; or