Important Information about Effexor
- Its generic name is venlafaxine.
- It is used in the treatment of the depressive disorder and panic disorders. Also it will help in treatment of mood setting by changing some substances in the brain.
- Do not use effexor if you are allergic to venlafaxine.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
Side Effects of Effexor:
- Increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision)
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- Very stiff muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination
- Headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.
Less serious Effexor side effects may include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, feeling nervous
- Dry mouth
- Mild nausea, constipation
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
- Blurred vision
- Increased appetite
- Changes in weight.