Important Information about Cymbalta
- Its generic name is duloxetine.
- It affects the chemicals in the brain that may become imbalanced and depression.
- It is used in the treatment of depressive disorder, chronic pain disorder which is known as fibromyalgia, diabetic neuropathy.
- Do not take this drug with MAOI.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from moisture.
- Inform to the doctor in advance if you have glaucoma, blood clotting disorder.
Side Effects of Cymbalta are:
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Painful or difficult urination.
- Easy bruising or bleeding, nosebleeds.
- Black, bloody, or tarry stools.
- Very stiff muscles, high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes.
- Headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, confusion, hallucinations.
- Weakness, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.
Less serious Cymbalta side effects may include:
- Dry mouth, blurred vision.
- Drowsiness, dizziness, spinning sensation.
- Mild nausea, constipation, gas.
- Sleep problems.
- Joint or muscle pain.
- Weight changes.
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.