Important Information about Coreg CR Drug
- The generic name of coreg is carvedilol.
- Coreg is in a collection of drugs called beta-blockers.
- Beta-blockers have an effect on the heart and circulation of blood flow through arteries and veins.
- It is also used to treat or avoid heart attack
- Keep away from taking medicines or other products that might contain alcohol.
- You should not take coreg if you are sensitive to carvedilol.
Serious side effects of Coreg are:
- Slow or uneven heartbeats;
- Feeling light-headed, fainting;
- Feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- Swelling of your ankles or feet;
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- Depression; or
- Cold feeling in your hands and feet.
Less serious Coreg side effects may include:
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- Sleep problems (insomnia);
- Tired feeling; or
- Anxiety, nervousness.