Important Information about Copaxone Drug
- Copaxone is a combination of four amino acids (proteins) that affect the immune system.
- The generic name of Copaxone is glatiramer.
- Before taking Copaxone tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs.
Copaxone serious side effects are:
- Chest pain
- Fast heart rate
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms
- Severe pain where the injection is given.
Less serious Copaxone side effects include:
- Redness, minor pain, swelling, irritation, or a hard lump where the injection was given
- Warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under the skin
- Weakness, dizziness
- White patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips
- Joint pain
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Muscle tension or stiffness
- Runny nose
- Changes in your menstrual periods
- Increased urge to urinate.