Important Information about Lamivudine Drug
- Combivir is used to treat HIV, which causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (aids).
- The generic name of combivir is lamivudine and zidovudine.
- Tell your doctor if you have experience with kidney, liver, pancreatitis, bone marrow suppression.
Combivir serious side effects are:
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms
- Pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness
- Trouble swallowing, trouble standing up or climbing stairs
- Liver problems (stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes))
- Pancreatitis (severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate)
- White patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips.
Less serious combivir side effects may include:
- Changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and trunk)
- Mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Numbness or tingling
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Headache, dizziness, tired feeling
- Cough, runny or stuffy nose.