Important Information about Celebrex
- Its generic name is celecoxib.
- It is used in the treatment of inflammation which is caused due to several conditions like arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and menstrual pain. Also used to treat hereditary polyps in the colon.
- Better not to drink alcohol while taking celebrex drug.
- Inform to your doctor in advance if you have congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and asthma.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from moisture.
Side Effects of Celebrex are:
- Chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Black, bloody, or tarry stools
- Coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Swelling or rapid weight gain
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash.
- Bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness.
Less serious Celebrex side effects may include:
- Upset stomach, mild heartburn, diarrhea, constipation
- Bloating, gas
- Dizziness, nervousness, headache
- Skin rash, itching
- Blurred vision.
- Ringing in your ears.