Important Information about Casodex Drug
- Casodex is used jointly with an additional hormone to treat prostate cancer.
- The generic name of casodex is bicalutamide.
- Casodex side effects are chest pain, cough, feeling short of breath, pale skin.
- Before using casodex, say to your doctor if you are using a blood thinner such as warfarin (coumadin).
Serious side effect such as:
- Chest pain, cough or trouble breathing;
- Feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- Swelling in your hands or feet;
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- Pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- Blood in your urine; or
- Nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious Casodex side effects may include:
- Hot flashes;
- Breast pain or swelling;
- Weakness, dizziness;
- Back pain, pelvic pain, joint or muscle pain;
- Increased nighttime urination;
- Upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation;
- Weight changes;
- Impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm;
- Dizziness, headache; or
- Sore throat, runny nose or other cold symptoms.