Important Information about Avalide Drug
- Avalide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
- The generic name of avalide is hydrochlorothiazide and irbesartan.
- Before taking avalide tell to doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have kidney, liver and heart disease.
Avalide serious side effects are:
- Feeling like you might pass out
- Chest pain, feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion
- Swelling, rapid weight gain
- Urinating more or less than usual, or not at all
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, drowsiness, restless feeling, confusion, increased urination, fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, fainting, or seizure (convulsions).
Avalide less serious side effects may include:
- Stomach pain, heartburn
- Muscle pain
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Runny or stuffy nose, sore throat
- Dry cough.