Important Information about Atacand Drug
- Atacand is in a collection of drugs called angiotensin ii receptor antagonists.
- The generic name of atacand is candesartan.
- Before using tell to doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease, congestive heart failure.
- Side effects like feeling like you might pass out, chest pain, swelling in your hands or feet may occur due to use of atacand.
Serious side effects of Atacand such as:
- Feeling like you might pass out;
- Chest pain;
- Swelling in your hands or feet; or
- Slow heart rate, weak pulse, tingly feeling.
Less serious Atacand side effects may include:
- Runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, cough;
- Back pain;
- Joint pain;
- Stomach pain, diarrhea;
- Headache, dizziness; or
- Tired feeling.