Important Information about Asmanex Drug
- Asmanex (mometasone) is a steroid.
- The generic name of asmanex is mometasone inhalation.
- Do not take asmanex to take care of an asthma attack that has already begun.
- Side effects like wheezing, skin rash, bruising, worsening asthma symptoms may occur due to use of asmanex.
Serious side effects:
- wheezing or breathing problems after using Asmanex;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist); or
- worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- runny nose, increased sinus allergy symptoms;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, nosebleed;
- muscle or joint pain, back pain;
- nausea, upset stomach, loss of appetite;
- changes in menstrual periods;
- tired feeling; or
- hoarseness or deepened voice.