Important Information about Actos
- Its generic name is pioglitazone.
- It is used to control the diabetes. Sometimes, it is mixed with insulin to treat diabetes.
- Do not use this drug if you have type 1 diabetes.
- The symptoms of low blood sugar are hunger, headache, irritability, fainting, weakness and more.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion
- Swelling or rapid weight gain
- Chest pain, general ill feeling
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst or hunger, urinating more than usual
- Pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, weakness.
Less serious Actos side effects may include:
- Sneezing, runny nose, cough or other signs of a cold
- Gradual weight gain
- Muscle pain
- Tooth problems.