Important Information about Abilify
- Its generic name is aripiprazole.
- It is an atypical antipsychotic, used in the treatment of schizophrenia and symptoms of bipolar disorder and autistic children, in the treatment of irritability.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this drug and do not use this drug to children without doctor’s advice.
- Tell your doctor in advance if you have any liver diseases or previous heart attacks etc.
Abilify Side Effects:
- Fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats.
- Jerky muscle movements you cannot control.
- Sudden numbness or weakness, headache, confusion, or problems with vision, speech, or balance.
- Increased thirst or urination, loss of appetite, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, nausea, and vomiting.
- Thoughts of hurting yourself.
- Feeling like you might pass out.
- Jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes).
- Urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious Abilify side effects may include:
- Choking or trouble swallowing.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, or weakness.
- Constipation, mild stomach upset.
- Headache, anxiety.
- Sleep problems.
- Weight gain.