Celiac Disease is an autoimmune digestive disease that injures small intestine and obstructs with absorption of nutrients from food. People who suffered with this disease cannot swallow the below food items, which are:
- Gluten (Presents in medicines, vitamins, and lip balms)
- A protein in wheat
People who prefer to eat the above food contents are affected with celiac disease, which damages immune system badly. Usually, villi extract the nutrients from food to be passed through the walls of the small intestine into the bloodstream. However, without energetic of villi person becomes very weak.
In this, symptoms are different from one person to another person. Symptoms may arise in the digestive system and these are more common in kids and teenagers. This may include:
- Abdominal bloating and pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Constipation pale, foul-smelling, or fatty stool
- Weight loss
In adults Celiac Disease symptoms are different from kids, which include:
- Unexplained iron-deficiency anemia
- Bone or joint pain
- Bone loss or osteoporosis
- Depression or anxiety
- Tingling numbness in the hands and feet
- Missed menstrual periods
- Infertility or recurrent miscarriage
- Canker sores inside the mouth
- An itchy skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis
- Blood tests
- Intestinal Biopsy
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis
Treatment for Celiac Disease:
- The Gluten-free Diet
- New Food Labeling
People who affected with Celiac Disease; have to take food like amaranth, arrowroot, buckwheat, cassava, corn, flax and Indian rice grass. And they need to avoid food like Gluten, wheat, Rye, Barley and more.
Points to Remember:
- Celiac disease injures the small intestine and obstructs with nutrient absorption.
- Without treatment, people with celiac disease can increase problems like osteoporosis, anemia, and cancer.
- Some people don't have Celiac disease symptoms.
- Diagnosis includes blood tests and biopsy of the small intestine.
- Hence celiac disease is genetic, family members of a person with celiac disease may wish to be tested.
- Celiac disease is treated by removing all gluten from their diet.