Ayurvedic Hair Treatment
In an ayurvedic treatment hair is believed to be a contributor in the formation of bone. The tissues responsible for formation of bones also contribute to your hair growth.
Hair Loss in Women
In women hair loss is emotionally alarming. Generally women who have reached menopausal may witness some level of hair loss.
Fortunately, ancient systems of medication have dealt with hair loss problems irrespective of gender since years. Ayurveda is a traditional process of medicine that has its origins in India and Sri Lanka. The Ayurvedic philosophy is using a holistic approach that considers the mental, physical, and spiritual attitudes in tandem with lifestyle considerations to cure each individual.
Reasons of Hair Loss
Hair loss is virtually devastating whether you are a mail or a female. Ayurvedic treatments will reduce hair loss, help regain hair growth, and improve over all health.
Ayurvedic practitioners consider that early loss of hair is mostly related to the body type and also the chemistry of your body and mind structure.
People having fine and straight hair and inclines towards red or blonde; their hair generally turns into gray earlier. They lose their hair sooner in the life or they may have prematurely gray or thin hair.
Wrong Dietary Habits
If the principles of Ayurveda are to be believed, hair loss is the result of presence of excess Pitta dosha in the body. Pitta increases when the body gets coffee, alcohol, tea, meats and acidic meals. To control excess Pitta, Ayurvedic practitioners suggest a three-fold approach: 1. Physical application of oils, 2. Change in diet, and 3. Scalp stimulation.
The treatment of hair loss in ayurveda is generally coupled with yoga, meditation, diet, oil massage and taking aroma therapy.
Intake Aloe Vera
If you want to preserve the health of your hair, you should intake 1/3rd cup of aloe vera juice. Instead you can also take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with a pinch of cumin three times a day for consecutively 2-3 months.
Massaging - Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss
Ayurvedic massage immensely enhances the blood circulation, thus catapulting the health of the hair and scalp also. Regular massaging the scalp for 5 to 10 minutes stimulates the blood circulation. This is quite imperative for health of your hair.
- Use almond or coconut oil to massage your scalp and on the soles of your feet prior to going to bed.
- Massage your hair with the oil containing vitamin E. This will prevent or slow down the process of hair loss. Vitamin E oil consolidates fragile hair and also enables to prevent the flaky and dry skin.
- Boil some lemon leaves in water, leave it to cool and then rinse your hair with it.
The most effective treatment for hair loss is using herbal serum on the scalp of your head. In the first week, apply this for 2-3 nights using a dropper and after this you can apply it once or twice a week. It is very simple to apply the serum on the surface of your head. Apply serum on your scalp and leave it overnight to permeate into the affected area.
The next morning, rinse off the serum using a shampoo. You will certainly notice best results within few weeks. The herbal serum enables to nourish your hair follicles, curbs itchiness and also restores the hair in affected area.
Diet - Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss
- Eat sufficient quantity of white sesame seeds every morning, because they are rich in magnesium and calcium that are necessary for the growth of your hair.
- Consumption of some yogurt everyday is also necessary.
- Add enough green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits, and sprouts in your diet. Consume sufficient amount of whole grains, yeast, proteins, soya beans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
- Moderate intake of vitamins is also imperative.
- Cut down in the consumption of alcohol.
- Eat the foods that contain zinc, vitamin-B complex, vitamin C, sulfur, and essential fatty acids.
Herbs - Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss
Ayurvedic herbs also increase the blood circulation and enhance the growth of hair.
- Rinsing your hair in sage tea and apple cider vinegar catapults the growth of the hair.
- Licorice extracts assist in stopping the hair loss.
- Horsetail is one of the great sources of silica, which fortify your hair and look sleek and shiny.
- You can also apply rosemary, stinging nettle, and horsetail on your scalp regularly to enhance the hair growth.
- Tea made from marshmallow and burdock is a tonic for dry hair.
Before opting for ayurvedic treatment for hair loss, you must intimate the practitioner about any other drugs that you are currently using because they can interfere with ayurvedic treatment process and may lead to side effects.