Always dreamed of looking like one of those million dollar commercial models? It takes a lot more than the latest ab-machine in the market. A long-term dedication to careful diet, strength training, and a variety of fat-loss exercises is what it takes for 6 pack abs. Proper Eating for 6 Pack Abs Diet A proper 6 pack abs diet must include to get 6 Pack Abs:
- Approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Protein rich foods include lean meats such as chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, milk, protein drinks, protein bars, etc.
- Fresh vegetables like broccoli, spinach etc should also be included in the diet.
- Brown rice, potatoes, yams, oatmeal, high fibre cereals are a good source of carbohydrates.
- Junk-food intake should be avoided and minimal if one cannot avoid it as the quantity of fat is high.
- A good way to control over eating or under eating is to consistently snack every few hours.
- Water is life and one must drink plenty of water throughout the day.
For the sweet lovers a good way to curb your cravings is to eat protein bars and have Protein drinks. Free Cardio Exercises to get 6 Pack Abs : There is a wrong notion that doing hundreds of crunches / sit ups helps in burning fat, but this is where you're wrong to get 6 pack abs.
- The trick lies in doing cardiovascular exercise.
- Weight training builds muscles and cardio exercises burns fat.
The best regime is to do cardio exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 times per week and more. Resistance exercises for 6 Pack Abs. To get 6 pack abs the best results you should train your abs with resistance exercises. A good number to start with for abdominal exercises is 10-15 repetition per set to get 6 pack abs. Train the Abdominals for 6 Pack Abs: Training your 6 pack abs to cardiovascular exercise three times a week is the starting to achieve toned abs. Any muscle definition in the body comes from the dedication of following a proper diet, right combination of cardio exercises and weight training by following the basic guidelines for 6 pack abs:
- Eating 15-20% below your designated calorie level
- Eating 5-6 small meals frequently instead of 2-3 big meals
- Eating vegetables, lean meats, oatmeal, yams, potatoes, brown rice and whole grains
- Avoid refined foods which contain white flour or white sugar and also keep your taste bud in control while going for late-night cocktail parties supported considerably by excess amount of red meat as well as keep yourself away from junk foods and fast processed foods.
- Try avoiding saturated fats. Your fat intake should contribute15-20% of the entire diet. Go for good fats like Soya oil, olive oil, flax oil etc as these all oils are also good for the heart.
- Drink lots of water.
This the most important factor to be considered as water acts as the detoxifier of the body which in turn regulates the metabolism and helps in getting toned and well-maintained abdomen. Different types of abdominal exercises to get 6 Pack Abs: As we divide our complete abdomen in three parts, so abdominal exercises are also divided into three sections: Upper Abs:
- Basic crunch for upper abs
- Swiss ball crunch for upper abs
- Decline crunch for upper abs
- Bench crunch for upper abs
Cable crunch for upper abs Lower Abs:
- Reverse crunch for lower abs
- Hip up for lower abs
- Reverse Decline crunch for lower abs
- Hanging Leg Raises for lower abs
Swiss ball leg lift for lower abs Oblique:
- Side crunch for oblique
- Cross crunch for oblique
- Swiss ball side crunchfor oblique
- Decline twist for oblique
- Twisting Cable crunchfor oblique
For example: The Bicycle exercise is the best method to target the 6 pack abs, the oblique according to a study done by the American Council on 6 pack abs exercise. To do this 6 Pack Abs exercise correctly:
- Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head
- Bring the knees towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on the neck
- Straighten the left leg out to about a 45-degree angle while at the same time rotating the upper body to the right, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee
- Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee
- Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 12-16 reps.