What is Finance School?
A finance school is an institution which provides education and career support in the field of Finance. It enables the student to gain knowledge in the field of mortgage, equity, banking etc. and thus become decision maker for an organization.
A Finance School mould bright and young managers into effective executives in the field of Finance. Different institutes offer different courses with varying time duration.
A student can choose a course which interests him/her the most out of a vast range of courses. The schools offer vast range of courses from Post Graduate Diploma to Financial Management course to PhD.
Future of Financial Professionals
- With increasing living standard of people in India, rising Indian economy and as more and more money is coming in India, future of Finance Professionals is becoming more brighter.
- Now, the Finance Professionals have shifted from backside to Board rooms.
- These days the Accountants forecast how today's trends will affect tomorrows Financial Position.
- They predict the future of an organization by interpreting the financial data.
- They provide big picture thinking and let the other managers know how the finances will impact every aspect of business.
- Many Finance Professionals are removing the word "Accountant" from their designation and have started referring themselves as analyst, forecasters or advisors etc.
- So, we can say that need for Financial Professional is increasing.
Types of Finance School
- Finance School provide courses of two types -
- In a regular course the students go to the institution and there they are taught by highly skilled and professionally qualified teachers.
- Regular course is again classified as of two types:
- In a full time course, the student has to spend a major part of the day in college and indulge in studies.
- However, in a part time course the student will have to devote few hours of the day.
- In the online mode of teaching, the student is given a login id and he can log into the course through a computer and get trained. In a regular course the student can clarify his doubts with other fellow students or teacher.
- However, in online course, the student has to clarify the doubts through email or chat.
Job responsibilities of Finance School Graduates
Career in finance starts with a formal training in Finance Schools. The Finance graduates who passed out of these schools have a very bright career. Their main job responsibilities would be a follows:
- Understanding applications and functions of market
- Work collectively with domestic and international organizations and gain benefits from both of them
- Allocate funds for public and private sector keeping in mind the overall benefit
- Making use of online facility to access financial information
- Work closely with budget departments and financial trade analysts
- Do a deep research on a persons or organizations financial status
- Make recommendations while achieving a financial goal
- Keeping a track of investment activities
- Cash Management strategies should be made by him
- Work with financial department in order to attain financial strength
- Make sure that the financial future is secure for owners or organizations etc.
Graduates from a Finance School can become
- Financial Manager
- Securities Broker
- Insurance Sales Manager
- Financial analyst
- Financial Controller
- Cash Manager
- Bank Branch Manager.
Apart from all these they can also work as
- Business Advisor
- Financial Planner
- Financial Consultant
- Risk or Insurance Manager Etc.
Finance training programs available in major business schools are
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Money Management
- Real Estate
Affiliations of a Financial School
- Most of the Financial Schools are associated with the Business Schools and they are also accredited by the same managing party.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business has given official designation to more than 500 degree granting institutions through out the world.