What is corporate finance MBA?
These days, the Corporate Finance MBA is one of the most popular and significant courses in the framework of the MBA program.
The methodology of imparting knowledge is such that the Students of the Corporate Finance MBA program are exposed to real-life means practical experiences. These organizations aid the students by gaining experience in problem areas for the financial management of these firms.
The MBA students are assigned to projects for firms like investment banks, public corporations and private companies. Vital issues like capital management, joint undertaking and alliances, evaluation of funds and the sources, capital disbursement plans ate taught. During the course each student is supposed to work on various diverse financial projects during the academic year. The classes are affiliated with different institutions like corporations, firms and banks.
Objectives of Corporate Finance MBA
- This course teaches the basic principles of finance and endows students with practical tools for implementing in financial decisions and valuation.
- To coach the students to be able to cope with real world corporate finance institutions and encounter real financial problems of corporations, firms and banks.
- Implementation of their skills quickly analyzing the requirement of the situation. By using technical and theoretical financial tools and concepts to handle unpredictable instances, strengthen decision making knack and to create opportunities based upon the evaluation of sources available in the corporation.
- Promotion of skills like management, concession, presentation, situation handling, communication, leadership and teamwork by targeting different corporate finance situations.
- A finance MBA provides numerous possibilities and becomes an efficient means to create bright future prospects. Most prospective jobs can be with banks, corporations, and securities firms. Consulting industry is another brilliant scope of seeking job into.
- Thus, reproducing or generating an Accounting or financial managers who have the ability of supervising and preserving the financial strategy and history of a company.
- These analysts and managers then apply these evaluated and accounted data in their decision making and reporting the senior management to shape the company's investment and business growth.
- The role of the finance manager becomes extremely important when finance management strategies put forward and implemented by the analysts let the company to nurture proficiently by gaining maximum profitability in its investments.
Almost 80% of top executives and managers participated in a recent survey said that attaining a graduate degree in business or corporate finance is essential to obtain top management positions in almost all the renounced firms , banks and corporate.
According to a recent survey of accounting and financial employee of different levels and different ability, the salaries of Finance officers without a formal degree, employee with a Bachelors Degree, and MBAs with relevant experience had a big difference. It was $38,920, $88,836, $104,284 respectively for all the three qualifications.
So it proves the earned value on investment in an MBA is undoubtedly worthwhile.
Useful MBA Textbooks
- Corporate Finance" written by Ross, Stephen A., Randolph W. Wethersfield and Jeffrey Jaffe.
- "Principles of Corporate Finance" written by Richard A. Brealey and Stewart C. Myers.
- "Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies" written by McKinsey & Company Inc., Tim Koller, Marc Goedhart, David Wessels.
- "Analysis for Financial Management" written by Robert C. Higgins, and Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
Name of Few Colleges in US for MBA
- Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
- Ohio State University
- Stanford University (CA)
- Harvard Business School (MA)
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University (IL)
- Columbia Business School (NY)
- Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Chicago Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago
Name of Few Colleges in UK for MBA
- London School of Business
- Rotterdam School of Management, the Netherlands
- IMD, Switzerland