- Wireless card is generally regarded as the controller of network line up rather a more network card through which a radio-based computer network is united.
- It is not similar to a standard network line up controller through which normal wire-based network such as Ethernet or symbol ring is linked up.
- The Layer 1 and Layer 2 of the OSI Model are generally regarded as the working platform of wireless model.
Utilities of Wireless Card
- For wireless desktop computer a wireless card is treated as the most necessary constituent.
- The antenna of the card is utilized as the corresponding devices through microwaves.
- In a desktop computer normally a wireless card is attached through the PCI bus.
- There are various alternatives for wireless card connectivity such as USB and PC card.
- Even incorporated wireless card is also obtainable in archetypal Mini PCI or PCI Express Mini Card format.
Attributes of Wireless Card
- Ad hoc method and infrastructure form is usually the mode through a wire less card functions.
- Each and every data information can be transmitted through an infrastructure mode network of the wire less card provided it should possesses an access point as the fundamental focal point.
- In an infrastructure mode of all wireless nodes network attach to an entrance point.
- Generally each and every node which is attached to the access point possesses the similar service set identifier identical to the access point.
- When the access point is facilitated with WEP they possess similar WEP key or other certification parameters.
- But in an ad-hoc mode network the wire less do not require an access point.
- It can straightly line up with all other wireless nodes directly.
- All the nodes in an ad-hoc network boast identical channel and SSID.
- Wireless card is created with the IEEE 802.11 customary which commences low-level specifications for all other wireless networks to function properly.
- Previous lines up controllers are normally the well-matched with previous variant of the standard, while both current and old standards are supported by newer cards.
Specifications of Wireless Card
- Wireless card transmits power which is calculated in dBm.
- It is utilized for in marketing materials as the wireless data transfer rates are measured in Mbit/s and these range from 2 Mbit/s to 54 Mbit/s.
- Wireless network level measurement includes standards such as 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11g and more.
- It also provides data transfer speeds which is equivalent to 802.11a up to 54 Mbit/s and the wider 300-foot range of 802.11b, and is diffident attuned with 802.11b.