Windows Operating Systems
- The software that administers the allocation of the possessions of the central processing unit and offers people who develop that program with a suitable interface used to get along with those possessions is known as Operating System (or simply OS).
- The operating system develops the system information and the entry of user and acts in response by assigning and organizing the jobs and interior system resources as the service to the users and the programs of the system.
- At the base of the entire system software, the operating system carries out the basic jobs like controlling and giving priority to the system requirements, assigning the memory, making easy in networking calculating input and output equipments, and organizing file systems.
- Microsoft has designed and marketed the Windows operating system as a collection of several operating systems.
- Microsoft was the first to introduce the idea of an operating setting which was named as Windows in November 1985 as an attachment to the MS-DOS in reply to the increasing curiosity in Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs). Microsoft Windows in the end started to govern the world market of the personal computers, going far ahead of Mac OS, which was predominating before its era.
- In the year 2004 at the Directions conference of IDC, the Vice President Mr. Saxena had declared that Windows had more or less 90% of the total customers of the operating system market.
- The latest version of Windows present in the market is Windows Vista while the latest server version of it is the Windows Server 2003.
- The descendant to Windows Server 2003 will be the Windows Server 2008 which is still in beta version and is at present being under tested.
Types of Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows 1.01
- Windows 2.03
- Windows 2.11
- Windows 3.0
- Windows 3.1
- Windows For Workgroups 3.1
- Windows NT 3.1
- Windows For Workgroups 3.11
- Windows 3.2
- Windows NT 3.5
- Windows NT 3.51
- Windows 95 Windows 95 was planned to amalgamate MS-DOS and Windows goods and contain an improved version of DOS.
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 98
- Windows 98 is a modernize version of Windows 98. It was released on May 5, 1999.
- It solves many minor issues, the substitute of Internet Explorer 4.0 by relative faster Internet Explorer 5and better USB support.
- Windows 98 SE
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2000 (also called Windows Me) is an extension of the Windows 9x version, but with access to the actual mode MS-DOS limited so as to get a move for the system boot time.
- It was one of the most revealed alterations in Windows Me. Because of some applications that require actual mode DOS to run those could not be made to run on Windows Me.
- Windows Me
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64-bit Edition 2003
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
- Windows Vista
- After a world-wide success of XP and its service packs Microsoft has designed and created Windows Vista the operating system for use on personal computers, including business and home desktops, Tablet PCs, laptops and media centers.
- It was first named as "Longhorn" but later on 22nd July 2005, the name was announced as Windows Vista. The development of Vista was finished on 8th November, 2006. In the next three months Vista was available in steps to computer software and hardware manufacturers, retail counters, and business organizations.
- It was released globally on 30th January 2007, for the general public.
- Windows Home Server
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
Windows 1.0 presents incomplete multitasking of the MS-DOS programs and focuses on generating an interfacial pattern, an effecting replica and a steady API for indigenous programs for the next generation.
Windows 2.0 permits functional windows to overlie on one another, dissimilar to Windows 1.0, which is capable just to exhibit tiled windows. Windows 2.0 has also brought up additional stylish keyboard-shortcuts and the terms like "Maximize", and "Minimize" as opposite to "Zoom" and "Iconize" in Windows 1.0.
Before the year passed after the production of Windows 2.0, Windows/286 2.1 and Windows/386 2.1 were made. These versions are able to obtain the benefit of the explicit features of the Intel 80286 and Intel 80386 processors.
Windows 3.0 was the 3rd most important production of Microsoft Windows which was released on 22nd May 1990. It turned out to be the 1st broadly used version of Windows.
Windows 3.1 (also known as Janus), had came up on March 18, 1992. This version includes a TrueType inbuilt font system making the Windows a solemn desktop issuing platform for the 1st time. Windows 3.0 could have similar functionality with the use of the Adobe Type Manager (ATM) font system from Adobe.
Microsoft's Windows NT line of server and business desktop operating systems had 1st released Windows NT. Progress of it had started in November 1988 and was unconfined on July 27, 1993.
This is the 1st version of Windows NT having the names like Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstation for its versions.
Microsoft has developed Windows XP is a line of operating systems for applying on general functional computer systems which includes business and home desktops, media centers and notebook computers. Windows XP was released on 25th October 2001.