Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the VI BRICS Summit 2014 as the member of the summit. The meeting held in Brazil saw him promote peace as he requested for a stable globe and pleaded other nation members to follow a people-to-people approach.
Top 8 Things PM Narendra Modi Said at BRICS Summit
- The establishment of BRICS’s New Development Bank will aid international trading system since the economic conditions of the globe still remain indecisive and difficult to recover.
- The countries have to be watchful of the political clash and the existing weakness in economies to avoid a financial mayhem.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also added that he will invest in infrastructure, low-priced housing, healthcare, education and clean energy. He also stressed on sustainability for it is the fundamental element of the Indians.
- Mr. Narendra Modi also stated that BRICS holds a strong position horizontally but needs to strengthen its bond vertically as well.
- He also stated that stress should be laid on strengthening India’s bond with other states and cities; and that the federation of BRICS must be monitored by “people-to-people contact”. He said this can be easily done by implementing the plan of BRICS languages in schools. In addition to this, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed that BRICS University be established; and collaboration in health, education, agriculture, resource management and urban development will prove to be beneficial.
- Mr. Narendra Modi also suggested for a reasonably priced healthcare way; and a method to advance the relations between small and medium enterprises be done whilst furthering tourism.
- Mr. Modi warmly welcomed Russia’s friendship; and liberal joint and global support for the economic development of India. Modi also mentioned that he is in awe of working with Putin to reinforce premeditated partnership in matters of defence, nuclear energy, space, energy, trade and investment.
- Modi also mentioned that other agreements and MoUs have been inked among BRICS development banks in order to encourage trade and investment between intra-BRICS. He advised the council and development banks to work in coordination and take care of the trade and investment issues.