South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Kerala
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Karnataka
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Jharkhand
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in India
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Haryana
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Gujrat
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Goa
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Delhi
- » Chartered Accountant Colleges in Bihar
- » Chartered Accountant Certification
South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) is the finest accountancy body in South Africa and it is recognized as one of the world's best accounting institutes. It offers a wide range of professional services in accounting to its members, thereby contributing to improvement of South African economy.
According to SAICA 2013 statistics, the institute has more than 36,000 chartered accountant members who hold various positions such as chief executive officers, board directors, auditors, business owners and more. Most of the members engage in commerce and industry fields to develop South African business sector. SAICA members can use the highly esteemed and most prominent CA(SA) designation after completion of degree.
The main objective of SAICA is to offer support services to its members towards strengthening country's economy and financial affairs across the world.
To become a member of SAICA, candidate has to enroll for a three-year B.Com accounting degree at SAICA accredited university. Once a graduation is completed, candidate has to finish his/her degree in Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA). This study program focuses more on courses such as Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Financial Management.
You have to complete the course at SAICA accredited university and duration of the course is one year. Once you have pursued your CTA, you're eligible to enter into the auditing and financial management sections and exams are assigned for students based on their choice. SAICA guides few fundamental principles to its members, which include:
- Professional Competence
- Professional Behaviour
Requirements (Selection Criteria)
- Student must be a South African Citizen.
- Student must achieve at least 60% in Mathematics (not Maths literacy).
- Student must be strong in communication skills.
- Student should have good interpersonal skills.
At last, student must obtain an average of 60% in all subjects at university level. Candidates have to utilize every opportunity to gain knowledge in the areas of auditing and financial management during training to drive their career path in right way.