design is a form of visual art involving expression through images and texts. Usually texts and images are used in effective combination to convey a particular message.
- The carvings in pre-historic ancient caves and a candy-wrap are all examples of graphic design art.
- Graphic designing has a tremendous scope for application and is a lucrative career option.
- The purpose of design art is to convey a meaning or a message more effectively by complementing or enhancing the meaning in the text.
- Today Graphic art and design are widely used in education, media, advertising, internet and communication in the form of illustrations, logos, posters, billboards, cards etc.
- Modern graphic designers mostly depend on computers and software’s for creating graphic art pieces but there are still some who prefer to stick to the traditional manual methods.
Graphic Design Arts Exhibition:
Contrary to popular belief, graphic design art is used not only for commercial and utilitarian purposes but also has an aesthetic and collection value, just like any other form of visual art.
- Many Art and Design Exhibitions are held all over the world which showcase works by new students as well as seasoned artists.
- Design exhibitions allow prospective employers and talent hunters to search for new talent in the field and form a platform for design students to study and explore new styles and trends.
- The Free Range Art and Design Show held in London every-year is one of the biggest art exhibitions in Europe.
Graphic Design Arts Paintings:
- Conventional fine-art professionals sometimes branch out into graphic arts and design.
- For example, artist Teresa Bernard specializes in oil-painting; but, Teresa Bernard has also ventured into graphic and web designing
- While a fine art painting is an expression of self, a design art painting is usually done for a particular purpose. Therefore, it is also sometimes referred to as applied art because it has a utilitarian characteristic.
- However, the amount of creativity and aesthetic appeal required in design art painting is no less than that of fine art.
Graphic Design Art Schools:
Graphic Design arts can be sub-categorized into many specialized disciplines. Most design art schools offer course in:
- Graphic art Interior designing
- Graphic art Fashion designing
- Graphic art Textile designing
- Graphic art Graphic designing
- Graphic art Furniture designing and
- Graphic art Accessory and jewellery designing
Savannah College of Art and Design
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) was established in 1978 and has evolved into a top premier institution for fine arts.
- Savannah College of Art and Design college has extensions in France and Atlanta and a large faculty
- With a wide range of courses and subjects, Savannah College of Art and Design covers nearly all aspects of artistic education
- Savannah College of Art and Design has separate departments and schools for performing arts, building arts, communication arts, design arts, liberal arts, fine arts and Digital media.
- The School of Design offers courses on Fashion and Textile Design, Accessory Design, Jewellery and Metal craft, Exhibition Design, Furniture Design, Industrial Design and Marine Design.
- Savannah College of Art and Design also has an e-learning facility for selected courses like Painting, Interior Design, Interactive and Game Design, Graphic Design and Illustration Design.
- Savannah College of Art and Design also boasts of an expansive campus and facilities for students and faculty members apart from being a top-notch art and design institution.
Ringling College of Art and Design
- With a history dating back to 1931, Ringling College of Art and Design is a private institution located in Florida.
- The array of courses include majors in Computer Animation, Illustration, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Interior Design, Interactive and Game Arts, Photography and Digital Arts.
- The degree courses are comprehensive and span over four years.
- Ringling College of Art and Design is accredited by many educational forums and ranks among the topmost art institutions in the U.S.
- Ringling College of Art and Design also has a facility for study abroad programs.
Velocity Art and Design
- Founded by couple John and Lara Tusher in 1999, Velocity Art and Design in a Seattle based curator business which deals with home furnishings, lifestyle goods and artwork.
- Along with a plush boutique in South Lake Union, Velocity Art and Design also has an elaborate website which offers an online shopping facility.
- The furnishings, home accessories and art-works featured in the store are designed by world-famous artists and craftsmen.
- All designs are post-modern and reflect a contemporary lifestyle. “Organic Modernism” is what the Tusher couple calls it.
Classical Studies Related Articles