|Grammy Awards Categories|
|Grammy Awards Alternative Field||Grammy Awards Blues Field||Grammy Awards Children Field|
|Grammy Awards Comedy Field||Grammy Awards Composing Field||Grammy Awards Country Field|
|Grammy Awards Dance Field||Grammy Awards Disco Field||Grammy Awards Film/Tv Field|
|Grammy Awards Folk Field||Grammy Awards General Field||Grammy Awards Gospel Field|
|Grammy Awards Historical Field||Grammy Awards Jazz Field||Grammy Awards Latin Field|
|Grammy Awards Musical Show Field||Grammy Awards Music Video Field||Grammy Awards Packaging Field|
|Grammy Awards Polka Field||Grammy Awards Pop Field||Grammy Awards Production Field|
|Grammy Awards Rap Field||Grammy Awards R & B Field||Grammy Awards Reggae Field|
|Grammy Awards Rock Field||Grammy Awards Special Fields||Grammy Awards Spoken Field|
|Grammy Awards Surround Sound||Grammy Awards Traditional Field||Grammy Awards World Field|
* Record of the Year
o Ken Nelson (producer & engineer/mixer), Mark Phythian (engineer/mixer) & Coldplay (producers, engineers/mixers & artists) for "Clocks""
* Album of the Year
o Outkast for Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
* Song of the Year
o Richard Marx and Luther Vandross for "Dance with My Father" performed by Luther Vandross
* Best New Artist
* Best Alternative Music Album
o The White Stripes for Elephant
* Best Traditional Blues Album
o Jacquire King (engineer), Ed Cherney (engineer/mixer), Dennis Herring (producer) & Buddy Guy for Blues Singer
* Best Contemporary Blues Album
o Donto James (engineer/producer), Josh Sklair (producer), Sametto James (producer) & Etta James for Let's Roll
* Best Musical Album for Children
o Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer for Bon Appétit!
* Best Spoken Word Album for Children
o Bill Clinton, Mikhail Gorbachev & Sophia Loren for Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf/Beintus: Wolf Tracks music performed by the Russian National Orchestra conducted by Kent Nagano
* Best Orchestral Performance
o Pierre Boulez (conductor) & the Vienna Philharmonic for Mahler: Symphony No. 3 performed by Anne Sofie von Otter, Johannes Prinz, Gerald Wirth, the Vienna Boys' Choir & the Women's Chorus of the Vienna Singverein
* Best Classical Vocal Performance
o Thomas Quasthoff & Anne Sofie von Otter for Schubert: Lieder with Orchestra performed by Thomas Quasthoff, Anne Sofie von Otter & the Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Claudio Abbado
* Best Opera Recording
o Wolfram Graul (producer), Bernard Haitink (conductor), Jerry Hadley, Karita Mattila, Eva Randová, Anja Silja, Jorma Silvasti for Janáček: Jenůfa performed by the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House & Chorus & various artists
* Best Choral Performance
o Paavo Järvi (conductor), Tiia-Ester Loitme & Ants Soots (chorus masters) for Sibelius: Cantatas performed by the Ellerhein Girls' Choir, the Estonian National Male Choir & the Estonian National Symphony Orchestra
* Best Instrumental Soloist(s) Performance (with orchestra)
o Mstislav Rostropovich (conductor) & Maxim Vengerov for Britten: Violin Concerto/Walton: Viola Concerto performed by Maxim Vengerov & the London Symphony Orchestra
* Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra)
o Emanuel Ax for Haydn: Piano Sonatas Nos. 29, 31, 34, 35 & 49
* Best Small Ensemble Performance (with or without conductor)
o Jeff von der Schmidt (conductor) & Southwest Chamber Music for "Chávez: Suite for Double Quartet"
* Best Chamber Music Performance
o The Kronos Quartet & Dawn Upshaw for Berg: Lyric Suite
* Best Classical Contemporary Composition
o Dominick Argento (composer) for "Argento: Casa Guidi" performed by Frederica von Stade, Eiji Oue & the Minnesota Orchestra
* Best Classical Album
o Andreas Neubronner (producer), Michael Tilson Thomas (conductor) & Michelle DeYoung for Mahler: Symphony No. 3; Kindertotenlieder performed by Michelle DeYoung, Vance George, the Pacific Boychoir, the San Francisco Girls Chorus & the San Francisco Symphony & Chorus
* Best Classical Crossover Album
o Jorge Calandrelli (conductor) & Yo-Yo Ma for Obrigado Brazil performed by various artists
* Best Comedy Album
o "Weird Al" Yankovic for Poodle Hat
Composing and arranging
* Best Instrumental Composition
o Wayne Shorter (composer) for "Sacajawea"
* Best Instrumental Arrangement
o Michael Brecker & Gil Goldstein (arrangers) for "Timbuktu" performed by the Michael Brecker Quindectet
* Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
o Vince Mendoza (arranger) for "Woodstock" performed by Joni Mitchell
* Best Female Country Vocal Performance
o June Carter Cash for "Keep on the Sunny Side"
* Best Male Country Vocal Performance
o Vince Gill for "Next Big Thing"
* Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder for "A Simple Life"
* Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
o James Taylor & Alison Krauss for "How's the World Treating You"
* Best Country Instrumental Performance
o Alison Krauss & Union Station for "Cluck Old Hen"
* Best Country Song
o Jim "Moose" Brown & Don Rollins (songwriters) for "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" performed by Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
* Best Country Album
o Carl Jackson (producer) for Livin', Lovin', Losin' - Songs of the Louvin Brothers performed by various artists
* Best Bluegrass Album
o Alison Krauss & Union Station for Live
* Best Dance Recording
o Rob Davis, Cathy Dennis (producers), Rob Davis, Cathy Dennis, Bruce Elliott-Smith, Phil Larsen (mixers) & Kylie Minogue for "Come Into My World"
* Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
o Randy Spendlove & Ric Wake (compilation producers) & various artists for Chicago
* Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
o Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy & Michael McKean (songwriters) for "A Mighty Wind" performed by The Folksmen, Mitch & Mickey & The New Main Street Singers
* Best Score Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
o John J. Kurlander (engineer), Peter Cobbin (engineer/mixer) & Howard Shore (composer) for The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
* Best Traditional Folk Album
o June Carter Cash for Wildwood Flower
* Best Contemporary Folk Album
o Warren Zevon for The Wind
* Best Native American Music Album
o Black Eagle for Flying Free
* Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album
o Michael W. Smith for Worship Again
* Best Rock Gospel Album
o Audio Adrenaline for Worldwide
* Best Traditional Soul Gospel Album
o The Blind Boys of Alabama for Go Tell It on the Mountain
* Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album
o Donnie McClurkin for ...Again
* Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album
o Randy Travis for Rise and Shine
* Best Gospel Choir or Chorus Album
o Bishop T.D. Jakes (choir director) & the Potter's House Mass Choir for A Wing and a Prayer
* Best Historical Album
o Steve Berkowitz, Alex Gibney, Andy McKaie, Jerry Rappaport (producers), Gavin Lurssen & Joseph M. Palmaccio (engineers) for Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: A Musical Journey performed by various artists
* Best Jazz Instrumental Solo
o Chick Corea for "Matrix"
* Best Jazz Instrumental Album, Individual or Group
o Clark Germain (engineer), Dave Darlington (engineer/mixer), Robert Sadin (engineer/mixer & producer) & Wayne Shorter for Alegría
* Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
o Jay Newland (engineer/mixer), Gil Goldstein, Michael Brecker (producers) & the Michael Brecker Quindectet for Wide Angles
* Best Jazz Vocal Album
o Michael O'Reilly (engineer), Arif Mardin (producer) & Dianne Reeves for A Little Moonlight
* Best Contemporary Jazz Album
o George Whitty (engineer/mixer & producer) & Randy Brecker (producers & artist) for 34th N Lex
* Best Latin Jazz Album
o Robert J. Friedrich (engineer/mixer), Michel Camilo (producer & artist), Charles Flores & Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez for Live at the Blue Note
* Best Latin Pop Album
o Mick Guzauski (engineer/mixer), Lulo Perez (producer) & Alejandro Sanz (producer & artist) for No Es Lo Mismo
* Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album
o Jerry Boys (engineer/mixer), Ry Cooder (producer) & Ibrahim Ferrer for Buenos Hermanos
* Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album
o Jose Angel Cabrera & Dennis Parker,(engineers), Daniel Estevez T. (engineer/mixer) & Joan Sebastian (producer & artist) for Afortunado
* Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
o Anibal Kerpel, Joseph Chiccarelli (engineers), Elfego Buendia, Emmanuel Del Real, Gustavo Santaolalla, Jose "Joselo" Rangel, Quique Rangel (producers) & Café Tacuba for Cuatro Caminos
* Best Best Tejano Album
o Edward Perez, Ramiro Serna (engineers), Jimmy Gonzalez producer & Jimmy Gonzalez y El Grupo Mazz for Si Me Faltas Tu
* Best Salsa/Merengue Album
o Jon Fausty, Luca Germini, Jorge G. Gómez, Carlos Laurenz, Jose Lopez, Olga Santos, Jake Tanner, (engineers), Jorge G. Garcia (engineer/mixer), Oscar Gómez (engineer/mixer & producer), Sergio George (producer) & Celia Cruz for Regalo Del Alma
* Best Musical Show Album
o Todd Whitelock, Tom Lazarus (engineers), Ken Hahn (engineer/mixer) & Jay David Saks (engineer/mixer & producer) for Gypsy performed by the New Broadway cast with Bernadette Peters, Tammy Blanchard, John Dossett & others
* Best Short Form Music Video
o Aris McGarry (video producer), Mark Romanek (video director) & Johnny Cash for "Hurt"
* Best Long Form Music Video
o Mick Gochanour, Robin Klein & Mary Wharton (video producers) for Legend performed by Sam Cooke
* Best New Age Album
o Steven Rodby (producer) & Pat Metheny (engineer, producer & artist) for One Quiet Night
Packaging and Notes
* Best Recording Package
o Ani DiFranco & Brian Grunert (art directors) for Evolve performed by Ani DiFranco
* Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package
o Julian Alexander, Howard Fritzson & Seth Rothstein (art directors) for The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions performed by Miles Davis
* Best Album Notes
o Tom Piazza (notes writer) for Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: A Musical Journey performed by various artists
* Best Polka Album
o Tom Pick (engineer & producer), Joe Donofrio, Kenneth R. Irwin (producers) & Jimmy Sturr (producer & artist) for Let's Polka 'Round
* Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
o Christina Aguilera for "Beautiful"
* Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
o Justin Timberlake for "Cry Me a River"
* Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o No Doubt for "Underneath It All"
* Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals
o Sting & Mary J. Blige for "Whenever I Say Your Name"
* Best Pop Instrumental Performance
o George Harrison for "Marwa Blues"
* Best Pop Vocal Album
o Justin Timberlake for "Justified"
* Best Pop Instrumental Album
o Ry Cooder & Manuel Galbán for Mambo Sinuendo
Production and engineering
* Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
o Nigel Godrich & Darrell Thorp (engineers) for Hail to the Thief performed by Radiohead
* Best Engineered Album, Classical
o Richard King & Todd Whitelock (engineers) for Obrigado Brazil performed by Yo-Yo Ma
* Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical
o Maurice Joshua (remixer) for Crazy In Love (Maurice's Soul Mix) performed by Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
* Producer of the Year, Non-Classical
o The Neptunes
* Producer of the Year, Classical
o Steven Epstein
* Best Female R&B Vocal Performance
o Beyoncé for "Dangerously In Love"
* Best Male R&B Vocal Performance
o Luther Vandross for "Dance with My Father" Celine Dion did the performance on the show that night with Richard Marx on the piano (Celine encountered some technicalities from her microphone and lapelle but eventually manage to sing and performed well. That gave her an outstanding performance and standing ovation.)
* Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
o Luther Vandross & Beyoncé for "The Closer I Get to You"
* Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance
o Aretha Franklin for "Wonderful"
* Best Urban/Alternative Performance
o OutKast for "Hey Ya!"
* Best R&B Song
o Shawn Carter, Rich Harrison, Beyoncé Knowles & Eugene Record for "Crazy in Love" performed by Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
* Best R&B Album
o Ray Bardani (engineer/mixer) & Luther Vandross (producer & artist) for Dance with My Father
* Best Contemporary R&B Album
o Tony Maserati (engineer/mixer) & Beyoncé (producer & artist) for Dangerously in Love
* Best Female Rap Solo Performance
o Missy Elliott for "Work It"
* Best Male Rap Solo Performance
o Eminem for "Lose Yourself"
* Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
o P. Diddy, Murphy Lee & Nelly for "Shake Ya Tailfeather"
* Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
o Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z for "Crazy in Love"
* Best Rap Song
o Jeff Bass, Eminem & Luis Resto (songwriters) for "Lose Yourself" performed by Eminem
* Best Rap Album
o OutKast for Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
* Best Reggae Album
o Sean Paul for Dutty Rock
* Best Female Rock Vocal Performance
o Pink for "Trouble"
* Best Male Rock Vocal Performance
o Dave Matthews for "Gravedigger"
* Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Bruce Springsteen & Warren Zevon for "Disorder in the House"
* Best Rock Instrumental Performance
o Jeff Beck for "Plan B"
* Best Hard Rock Performance
o Evanescence featuring Paul McCoy for "Bring Me to Life"
* Best Metal Performance
o Metallica for "St. Anger"
* Best Rock Song
o Jack White (songwriter) for "Seven Nation Army" performed by The White Stripes
* Best Rock Album
o Jim Scott (engineer/mixer), David Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett, Nick Raskulinecz (producers) & Foo Fighters for One by One
* Best Spoken Word Album
o Paul Ruben (producer) & Al Franken for Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right
* Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
o Dae Bennett (engineer/mixer), T Bone Burnett (producer), Tony Bennett & k.d. lang for A Wonderful World
* Best Traditional World Music Album
o Jon Mark (engineer & producer) & the monks of Sherab Ling Monastery for Sacred Tibetan Chant
* Best Contemporary World Music Album
o Stéphane Caisson (engineer), José da Silva (producer) & Cesaria Evora for Voz D'Amor